Sunday, February 23, 2014

Thoughts in Transit


I am currently in Miami, Florida and I’m extremely happy because my flight to Miami didn't get canceled. In Detroit, Michigan, the weather was absolutely horrible (my sister almost killed us both while driving me to the airport). I am really glad I won’t have to see any more snow for one more year. I am very anxious at this point because I am only one flight away from meeting my new host family.
My host family consists of my host sister who is a year older than me, another host sister that is in college, a host brother who has his own family, and of course, a host mom and a host dad. I have emailed my host sister several times but I have never spoken to the rest of my host family…..which makes me a bit nervous.


I hope everything goes well when I finally get to meet the people that I will be living with for a year.  I also hope that I can speak well-enough Spanish for them to understand me and I hope I can understand their Spanish. I have had 3 ½ years of Spanish class, but I still can’t speak very well…..I guess I will just have to work super hard on improving Spanish. Now I get to wait till my flight leaves which will be in about 2 hours……ahhhh I can’t believe I am actually going to Bolivia!



 My (actual) sister and I at the airport.


A friend that I met during my flight to Santa Cruz.

No comments:

Post a Comment